Wednesday, April 21, 2010

temporary housing - bedroom

This is the master bedroom. I made the lamps and will have to post the before and after photos another time. The next project on our to do list is to make a headboard. Maybe I will do this while my mom is here next week.


This is a bookshelf that my dad built me. He and my mom gave it to me for Valentine's Day. It was a pretty awesome VDay gift. (Again, notice the wood grain.) The wooden bowl on top is a bowl that Joel made for me for Valentine's Day. Once again, a pretty awesome VDay gift. Rubber plant... my friend Mimi told me that it is impossible to kill... trying to keep it alive. I am usually pretty good with plants, but who knows what is going on with this thing. I need to have Joel look into it, although his specialty is trees and he is pretty preoccupied with his small tree nursery.


My first oil painting ever. This piece is part of a set that
Joel got at a garage sale. It was an amazing deal.


It was bright the day I took this, but it is a great chair and ottoman that we found for FREE on craigslist! I had been looking for a chair ever since we moved in here and they are so expensive. When I get the time, I am hoping to recover the chair. It is pretty low on the to do list.


This is one part of the walk-in closet that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! The built in shoe rack. I will admit that it does make me want to buy more shoes and get rid of the ones that I have had for awhile. I am trying to refrain!


1 comment:

  1. You're missing purple, Jules. I think you should get some purple shoes! Or you can just borrow mine... :) So fun!

    ReplyDelete