Thursday, June 3, 2010

today you are you, that is truer than true. there is no one alive who is youer than you.

I came across an email the other day that had some of my favorite quotes and I decided to share.

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
Dr. Seuss

I remind myself that even when I am trying to become better and improve, I don't have to change who I am completely!

"The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide." - Longfellow

I have often thought of this as I have been at a low point in my life and know that something will come along to lift me up again.

Probably one of the biggest adjustments to married life, is friendships. How do Joel and I make new friends as a married couple and also interact with the friends that we had before we started dating? There have been a few times when I have had my feelings hurt and needed to step back and think about why I have felt the way that I do... Because I only have control over how I feel and treat others, I have been wondering what I can do to be a better friend.

I think that two quotes by Marvin J. Ashton speak volumes about how we should treat one another.

"Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don’t judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someone’s differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn’t handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another’s weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other"

"If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care."
Marvin J. Ashton

I am so very grateful for the love and support that I have from our families and also incredible friends who have been there for me and now us!

And finally, a favorite quote that I came across since we have been married... (Joel spends most of his time talking, thinking and probably dreaming about gardens, trees and all other plants.)

“Kind hearts are the gardens, Kind thoughts are the roots, Kind words are the flowers, Kind deeds are the fruits, Take care of your garden And keep out the weeds, Fill it with sunshine Kind words and kind deeds” - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

We are trying to fill our home with kind hearts, kind thoughts, kind words and kind deeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment